Patience

Last weekend, I received what amounted to be rejection #5 of my short story, but the publisher had put that volume on hold for another project.  It was a "no" but not for the usual reasons.  I'll take it.  I'll imagine they would have published it if they could.  It was accepted, in my mind.

A good character or a good story hasn't sprouted for me lately.  It's been mostly essay-type stuff.  Or poems.  My theory is that, because I've neglected another character, I can't think of any new ones.  The neglected one has already been brought to life, and he's just sitting there, at the side of Highway 101.  Waiting for me to decide his fate.  It's been decided as far as I'm concerned.  The story is finished (I think), but I can't help but imagine him sitting by the highway waiting for more revisions to his life so he can finally get up off the ground.

Patience, buddy.  I have some more procrastinating to do.

Comments

Popular Posts