obvious

Untitled by jeesau
I know today is Thursday. The calendar wouldn't lie. I can't get myself to believe this obvious fact. I keep thinking: Friday Friday Friday. 
Am I really saying this?  Did I read too much Garfield in the funnies? I don't know, but I do know that this isn't the glamorous, free-spirited adult lifestyle I had envied as a child: staying up late, watching TV; eating whatever you wanted for dinner, like a bowl of Lucky Charms; getting in your car and driving fast, to wherever you wanted. No, this is a can't-wait-to-sleep-in-Saturday, clean-up-the-cat-barf world. Of my own choosing, I admit. 
Sure, there's still the freedom. I can do all the things I imagined would make me so happy. But what did I know? I used to beg to watch Battle of the Network Stars every year. I thought that show was good.
This is obvious. Right in the middle of no-duh territory. How many entries like this are there in the blogsosphere?  Plenty, that's how much.  But do those entries have cool pics of clover, lots of rhetorical questions, and a liberal use of italics?  Yeah.  Didn't think so.

Comments

Popular Posts