Monday, March 26, 2012

what price dry socks

If you look closely, you can see rainbow swirls of toxic waste in that puddle. Could be from the cars on the street, could be my boots. My first pair of rain boots have been a cloying, toxic disappointment. Wearing them all day this past rainy Saturday gave me a headache.  Miserable, off-gassing $20 on-sale footwear!

Leaving them outside for 36 hours did nothing to reduce their poisonous aroma. They are now on top of our garbage cans, free to a good home. Or at least a home occupied by someone who doesn't mind petroleum products.

(I should also apologize to my friend who endured the fumes with me. Name the tumor after me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment