Me? Worry?

What the hell do you do when you find yourself worrying about more than one person, and you only have a one-person capacity worry hopper?  Er, that is, you don't quite have the capacity, strength or brain power to worry about both at the same time? You can think "hey, he/she is an adult and knows what he/she is doing.  I got my own problems."  Oh sure, those statements might be, in fact, true but they don't help much getting through a slow, quiet afternoon at work. I'm trying to make the most of my worrying time.  I want to be a productive member of the American Society of Neurotics.  (Hey, there could be one of those.  You don't know.)

The ideas I've come up with so far are:
  • Send the individuals in question "good vibes"
  • Have a face-to-face confrontation with him/her in which I threaten to run around his/her places of business naked until they meet with my demands
  • Cry, wring hankies, eat nothing but candy.
  • Talk exclusively to the cats and pretend the larger "bald" cats I interact with are not speaking a language I understand.
Well, it's comforting to know that, at least during this indirect time of crisis, I can still generate bullshit lists.

Comments

Popular Posts