movie mind

What is it about seeing a movie that makes you feel like you're in a movie afterwards?  Maybe it's just me.  Or maybe I'm not making any sense.  "Does that make sense?" Everyone I deal with in my job uses that expression.  I want to say/write back to them "Do you think I'm stupid?  We speak the same language.  Daaaaammmnn."

Back to the movie thing.  My theory is that you've been so recently involved in the movie itself -- the characters, their words, the music, the scenery, hell, the pageantry of film -- that you're enveloped in a post-movie experience zen.  Aware of your every step, the swivel of your head, the sound of your car keys jangling in your pocket.  Your thoughts are narrated by another voice, perhaps Academy Award nominated Morgan Freeman, and everything you're doing is damn interesting:

FADE IN.

EXT. STREET, RESTAURANTS, BOOK SHOPS, ETC. -- Late Afternoon

MAIN CHARACTER (name TBD), 40-something female, crosses the street at the light.  Dissolve to:  
EXT. PARKING LOT

Main character wistfully retrieves her keys from the pocket of her windbreaker.  Unlocks door and, smoothing her skirt, slides into the front seat.

MAIN CHARACTER

Gosh, that was a good movie. 

END SCENE

Didn't I tell you?

Comments

Popular Posts